Measure and Assess Nitrogen Needs In-Season
Test Soil Nitrate Levels in the Field with 360 SOILSCAN.
Before you make midseason N application decisions, it's important to have a clear picture of how much N is in your field. Understanding in-season N availability can be a real guessing game, but now you can know exactly how much N is left through real-time measurement. 360 SOILSCAN is a portable soil lab system that gives you the ability to test N availability and soil pH, right in the field, in about 5 minutes, with the accuracy of a traditional soil lab.
How to Use 360 SOILSCAN: Five Steps in Five Minutes
- Step 1: Take a soil sample from your field with a 12-inch or 24-inch core
- Step 2: Place two scoops of soil into the standard Dixie® cup provided and place in the mixing station
- Step 3: Mix the soil and distilled water into a slurry
- Step 4: Analyze the soil with 360 SOILSCAN
- Step 5: Utilize the Corn Nitrogen Need Calculator to determine an application recommendation based on the results
- Durable: Rugged carrying case keeps all the pieces together and protects it from the elements
- Expandable: Multiple sensor slots allow for future sensor additions
- Portable: Easy to transport and operate from the back of your truck or ATV
- Functional: Uses your iPad® as the operating platform and upgrades without new hardware
Measure and Then Build a Plan in Minutes
Knowing how much N is left and how much N you need are two different things. With the Corn Nitrogen Need Calculator in 360 SOILSCAN, you can build customized N application plans instantly after measuring your soil, simply by inputting your yield goal, crop growth stage, and soil organic matter.
Timely and Accurate Results
360 Yield Center participates in the Agricultural Laboratory Proficiency (ALP) Program, which is a national proficiency testing program that monitors soil analysis for consistency, accuracy and reliability. The result: 360 SOILSCAN provides the same level of accuracy as traditional labs. View the complete report. Our results are listed under lab code 8FPFBG on page 52 for NO3-N ISE.
|Test Code||Units||Samples||360 SOILSCAN Mean
|Grand Mean for All Labs
|128 N03-N ISE||mg/kg||SRS1601||6.33||7.98|
360 Yield Patrol: Easy to Track Field Intelligence
We've taken in-season field monitoring and soil sampling to the next level with 360 YIELD PATROL, the new 360 SOILSCAN companion app for the iPad and iPhone. 360 YIELD PATROL allows users to record and track where soil samples were taken and uses a QR scanner to link soil samples to sample locations in the field.
It also offers in-field visual scouting capabilities so farmers can track what is happening in their field and their soil for better nutrient and plant health decisions. Users can digitally store all soil test data and link information from 360 YIELD PATROL and 360 SOILSCAN.